I like to start my day with a nice cup of berry flavoured tea. I sip it slowly, so that I can fully enjoy its flavour. Reading a good novel, smelling its freshly-printed pages, and getting all absorbed in its world, is the perfect way to end it.
And after a long day on my feet, there’s nothing I enjoy more than relaxing with a hot bubbly bath. These are all simple things, but they can all make my day and bring me joy.
As busy as we all are these days, running around like headless chickens, looking for the next big thing, and getting caught up in what’s wrong with our lives, it’s easy to forget about these small pleasures. But life just isn’t the same without them.
So, I thought I would share some of my little pleasures with you today, and hope you will share yours in the comments:
- Homemade cherry brownies.
- The smell of a new book.
- Taking a hot bubble bath.
- A breezy summer day.
- A mascara that adds a ton of volume.
- Listening to good music (and singing along at the top of your lungs).
- That feel-good feeling after a workout.
- Snuggling together under the covers on a rainy day.
- Homemade mini pizzas.
- A pair of jeans that fits perfectly.
- Watching a musical movie.
- A clean, organized bedroom.
- Red lipstick.
- A good novel.
- When that item you coveted finally goes on sale (and your size is still available!).
- Helping someone in need.
- Seeing your savings grow.
- Laughing with your friends.
- A nice cup of berry flavoured tea.
- Watching the first three seasons of Glee.
- Checking something off your to-do-list.
- Finishing a makeup product.
- Staying up all night talking.
- An empty email inbox.
- Getting a massage.
- Watching reruns of Friends.
What are your simple pleasures?