There is a great variety of bath salts on the market, but making your own is not only cheaper, it is simple and fun, too! And they also make great and special gifts that your friends and family will love.
– 2 cups Sea Salt or rock salt
– 2 cups Epsom Salt
– 1/2 ounce of fragrance or essential oil such as lavender, vanilla or eucalyptus
– 1 cup of Baking Soda or 1/4 tablespoon of glycerin (optional)
– food coloring (in alternative, you can use liquid soap colors or colored micas)
– large glass or metal bowl and wooden spoon
– clean and dry jars
Pour the salts in a large bowl and add the essential oil. If you want, you can also add baking soda or glycerin, which are used to soften skin. Mix well and make sure there aren’t any clumps in the mixture.
If you want to add color to your salts, add a few drops of food coloring or colored micas and mix. Just add a couple of drops at the time and stir.
Spread the mixture out on a sheet of wax paper. Leave it to dry for a couple of hours.
Store the salts into the jars and put the lid on.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.