The Kleenex brand, in 1924, introduced kleenex tissues. These were invented as a mean to remove cold cream and makeup. But people mostly used them as disposable handkerchiefs, which prompted the brand to change the way they advertised the product. These tissues are now used for a variety of things and they are a very useful makeup tool, too! Here’s some beauty-related ways to use them:
1. Blot lipstick: tissues can be used to remove excess lip color. Just press your lips over a kleenex as if you’re kissing it. Make sure you blot with your lips closed.
2. Oil blotter: kleenex can be used as oil blotter paper to remove excess oil from skin without removing your makeup.
3. Remove excess mascara from the wand: if the brush is loaded with too much product, the application will be clumpy and lumpy. To prevent this, simply wipe your mascara wand with a tissue.
4. Remove makeup: take two sheets of kleenex and fold them. Make sure they are about two inches thick. Apply a small amount of lotion on your face and wait about 5 seconds. Now, with your folded kleenex wipe.
5. Brush cleaner: you can use a tissue to spot clean your brushes. It won’t remove makeup as well as a brush cleanser, but it’s a quick way to clean brushes if you’re in hurry or have just run out of your usual cleanser.
6. Protects hair: hairstylists put tissues between clips to prevent denting on hair that’s just been styled.
7. Mixing palette: for sanitary reasons, makeup artists don’t apply products directly from the containers. Instead, they scrape off powders, lipsticks, eyeliner etc and place it on a mixing palette. That way, they can mix the colors and apply them without double dipping and contaminating the products. If you have a kleenex, you can use it as a mixing palette, but for powders only.
Do you know other beauty-related ways to use kleenex tissues? Share them in the comments.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.