Out of all the fruits out there, kiwi is the one that contains the highest level of Vitamin C, which is an antioxidant. The fruit is also rich in Vitamins A and E, which are beneficial for skin and hair. Kiwis moisturize and make your skin glow too! Here are a few homemade recipes you can try:
Kiwi mask for dry skin
– 1 Tablespoon of Kiwi Juice
– 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
– 1 Egg Yolk
Mix the ingredients together in a bowl.
Apply the mixture on your face.
Wait 15 minutes and, using a sponge, rinse off with lukewarm water.
Kiwi Facial Cleanser for dry or oily skin
– 1 kiwi fruit
– 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
– 1 tablespoon of apricot oil (in alternative, you can use almond oil)
– 1 teaspoon of finely ground almonds
– 2 drops of orange essential oil
Puree the kiwi in a food processor or blender and, while processing, add yogurt, apricot oil and ground almonds.
Blend until the mixture forms a smooth, thick, creamy paste.
Add the orange oil and stir to mix until there are no lumps in the mixture.
Apply on your face (avoid the area around your eyes and lips) and rinse off well with lukewarm water.
Strawberry Kiwi Shower Gel
– 1/2 cup unscented shampoo
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 10 drops of strawberry essential oil
– 5 drops of kiwi essential oil
Mix the unscented shampoo, water and salt in a bowl.
Add the essential oils and stir to mix.
Store the mixture in a squirt bottle.